What does “the choice is yours”mean? Simply put, it means from this point forth, you are solely accountable (responsible) for every action you make and every emotion you have.
There are two types of people, positive or negative. There is no happy medium; it is a black and white description of somebody. You are either positive or you are negative. We all know people from both categories. I am going to teach you how to be a positive person and surround yourself with like people. I will give you the tools you will need to make the choice every day to be a positive person, but you have to make the choice to use them. It is awkward and super uncomfortable, at first. Uncomfortable is a feeling, get over it! Think about the people you know that are constantly complaining, always a victim, bad things just happen to them, they rarely achieve their goals, they find a way to make you feel stupid for the goals you set for yourself, very judgmental, happy when others fail… These are the negative people. They are like black mold in your life. They are the people that are so scared of their own failures, they are happy to see you fail. YUCK! Get the bleach ready people; we are spraying this black mold away! Does this make you a mean/bad person? HELL NO! It makes you a person that demands better for yourself! Yes I did say demands and I meant it!
I have always been a positive person. My Grandma used to say that I saw the world through rose colored glasses, she was right. It is natural for me to take a negative situation and put a positive spin on it. This is one of the gifts from God that I treasure most. I have been through experiences that could have easily made me feel bitter, pissed off, mad, angry, entitled, and negative. I have seen things that I would not wish on anybody. I have also been so incredibly blessed to have the confidence and the personal determination to find the positive and expand on those aspects. Being positive and surrounding myself with positive people is not always (hardly ever) easy. This is a choice I make every single day. It begins the moment that I arise and open my eyes. I literally say to myself, make it a great day or not, the choice is yours. This one sentence holds me accountable for every action I make and emotion I feel. Most importantly it holds me accountable for what I will allow in my life and how I will respond to each situation. Sounds like a lot of work? It is, at first. It gets easier and easier until it is natural for you to choose peace and happiness over anger and bitterness! Get to the action steps already, geez! Okay I will, don’t shout!
Initial action steps to your new positive life:
- Wake up and tell yourself to make it a great day or not, the choice is yours!
- Thank God (or whomever you believe in) for everything you have and do not have in your life, right at this very moment!
- Thank yourself for making positive choices that have and will lead to positive results (can be eating healthier, treating yourself/others with kindness, stopping a negative habit, exercising, complimenting yourself as well as others, working smarter, anything that will lead to a positive result)
- Allow yourself to be happy and enjoy the moment!
- Filter negativity from your everyday life. This includes family and friends. You don’t have to eliminate these people, but you do need to change the dynamics into a healthy relationship. Do not allow them to drag you into their negative behavior.
Good news! As soon as you make the choice, you will be on your way to a positive, peaceful, happy life!
Make it a great day or not, the choice is YOURS!
Trifecta Executive Placement and Coaching