Everybody has days that suck, period. Nothing seems to go right, you make sure to pick a fight with your spouse, and the kids make sure to say something that almost throws you over the edge, right into the arms of insanity! This is where you make the choice to continue on this crappy train wreck or to buck up and change your attitude. It isn’t easy, specially at first, but it is worth it.
If you allowed all situations to control your attitude, you would be a loon. It is making that decision to choose a good attitude that will guide your day to end up as a good/great/amazing day! I am not saying that irritating, heart breaking, or mean things are not going to happen to you. I am saying you have a choice what to do with them.
Here are a few ideas to help you make the change to have a good attitude:
1. Before you get out of bed everyday, be grateful for everything you are blessed with.
2. Catch yourself when you are becoming negative and quickly change it.
3. Remind yourself multiple times daily that you are the Dictator of your life, not interested in a Democracy.
4. Make as many people as possible feel special. Give a compliment, a smile, a dollar…
5. Tell yourself that you are worthy of having great days and expect the same from others.
Those are just a few simple adjustments but they will make your life completely different.
MAKE IT A GREAT DAY OR DON’T. THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
Trifecta Executive Placement and Coaching